It represents an algorithm based on the following facts:
- Grapholite is well designed to draw Flowcharts, UML Diagrams, various Business Diagrams.
- Grapholite has significantly richer set of elements to create professional-looking BPMN Diagrams.
- Visio is a winner in drawing Office Layouts, but Grapholite's Floor Plan stencils are usually enough.
- Visio has twice as many Business Diagram types as Grapholite has, but there are workarounds:
- Use similar diagrams. E.g. Audit Diagram is practically a regular Flowchart, although some shapes have filled-in corners. In most cases it's OK to use it as is.
- Also it's not difficult to complete such diagrams using available shapes.
- Draw missing shapes "manually". Don't forget that Grapholite is a vector graphics editor.
- Visio is just a viewer on Tablet devices, Grapholite is a full-featured editor.
- Last (but not least): Grapholite costs 5-10 times less than Visio!
- Neutral; none of these programs has obvious advantages
- Grapholite is a clear favorite
- Visio is a clear favorite
- Pay attention, think twice making the decision
You can click on image to enlarge